Tuesday, November 4, 2008

An exciting time to be alive

Dear Cookie and Kiss,
It is a historic day in the US and a very exciting day to be alive. When you are big you won't have a memory of this day, but I want you to know what it means to rally behind a candidate and to be part of a new direction of a nation. I believe, I really believe in Barack Obama and I really believe that he can lead this nation in the right direction.

My life is full and very busy, but it was important to me that I do something to turn the tide and so I found the time to volunteer. It wasn't a ton of time, but it was time well spent. There is no place for apathy in this world. We currently live in a small conservative town in Texas. It would be easy here to decide to do nothing - after all it was unlikely to actually change how the electoral vote for Texas would turn out. It would be easy here to not "rock the boat or the vote" but this is the here and this is the now and it was important to me be a voice in this election. To replace the Obama signs that repeatedly got stolen. To politely correct peoples misconceptions that Obama is 1) the anti-christ (seriously, people think this here) or 2) the new Karl Marx (not kidding). It was important to me that, years from now, when you ask what I did to help elect this amazing man to office - I would have an answer for you.
And elect him we DID. YES, WE DID!!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yes we did!
Yes we did!

It is great to feel proud to be an American again. This is an amazing moment in American history.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo excited for the outcome of the Presidential race...NC for OBAMA............Yeah.....I have to work off a few stress pounds put on during election season....YES WE CAN love mom