Sunday, October 5, 2008

Above and Beyond!

A shout out to our Super Nanny!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

She is well aware of the sleepless situation in our household and very generously offered to take her little charges home with her on Thursday night. At first I said 'no' and then I realized that I was literally on empty. I remembered that I don't have anything to prove and that I can and should take help when it is offered and so I did.

The babies stayed with Super Nanny and we slept 13 hours. It's true that I kept getting up waiting for a baby to cry, but then I would remember they were safe and sound with SN and was able to fall back to sleep.

I wish that I could say that I feel rested and whole again...but I think that's going to take more than one good nights sleep!! It was a start and now we both feel more ready to take on the sleep challenges of Kiss and Cookie!!
Mommy and Daddy looking a bit happier and rested after our night off.

Cookie looking mighty happy after a night with the SN!!

And Kiss sending a BIG hug and kiss to SN for giving mommy and daddy a much needed break.

Thanks Super Nanny for taking your work home with you!!! You are an amazing caregiver to our entire family and we love you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dun da da daaa...Have no fear, Super Nanny is here!!! =) Although I am very gracious for your kind words and thoughts of me, I'm no super nanny. It truly helps that I often do get to sleep through the night. (Hence my rather obnoxious perkiness as I come through your door each morning.)

When I said that I admired you even more after keeping the babies overnight, I meant it! You are an amazing mother! I don't know how you do it every day AND night!!! Well, maybe I do know how you do it. We have often talked about how cute those babies of your's are. They sure do make your crazy, mothering life worth it, huh? I honestly did think about that during one of my night time feedings with Cookie. (He was just SOOOOO cute!) By the time Kiss needed to be fed, and remember this was just the first time they got up, I realized that I NEVER want to have more than one baby at a time...lol... =)

We had a great time with our sleep over. Naturally, they were a huge hit with everyone at my house. Bentley even enjoyed them being over so much that he gave Kiss a few kisses! (You know he usually keeps as far away from them as possible, for fear that they will pull his fur or worse...Like trying to eat him!) I am already planning our next sleep over. I'm willing to take suggestions or preferred nights. =)

Thank you for your trust in me and for letting me do what I can to help in anyway possible. I love you all so very much! You guys have become so important in my life, you are part of my family now. Whatever and whenever I can do anything to help, PLEASE let me know. You should never let yourself become so drained. Let me help, you know I am ALWAYS willing to spend time with babies!!!

Kerry E Laper said...

Here's to Super Nanny. Thanks for being there for the "whole" family. I have an idea I'll be doing night duty and will rely on your expertise during the day until "boot camp" as Joe calls it is successful. Looking foward to seeing all of you very soon. Love Mom Laper

Natalie said...

YAY for Super Nanny!

Glad you got some sleep. You both look well rested in the picture.

See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

God bless SN.....The munchkins are double trouble....Thanks for being the BEST NANNY EVER>........ We are looking forward to helping out in December...Hopefully the little dickin's have their sleeping habits straightened out by then....They are getting so big and beautiful......