Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dear Kiss and Cookie

The second year of your lives has come and gone...and it was an incredible experience for everyone.
As a Mother I truly began to experience "parenting" this past year. Year One was spent in a joyous utopia of newness whereas Year Two brought tantrums and "No Ways" and sleep deprivation known only to other mothers and POWs! This year had amazing highs and also some lows (I never dreamed that dealing with anger would be part of parenting - but it really makes me MAD when you push all my buttons at once!!) and mostly it came with tremendous growth. The kind that for the two of you was obvious (physical, cognitive, social..) as well as the more subtle personal growth for me as a woman, a caregiver and simply as a person. It was perhaps the best year of my life. I wonder if I will say that each year on the 13th of March? I suspect that I always will.

Know today and everyday that I cherish you and that every decision I make is with the two of you in mind. I love you more than there will ever be words to express and my Birthday wish for each of you is that the certainty of my love is a cornerstone in your lives.

On your Birthday I would like to take a moment to say my thanks.
Thank you to the Universe for Your Divine gift, thank you to Cookie and Kiss for your love, trust, kisses and joy, thank you to my Husband for his support and his unquestioned devotion to his children, and a great big thank you to my very amazing friends and family. The last two years have been incredible and I am blessed beyond words to share these amazing children with the world.
Happy Birthday Kiss and Cookie.

Love,
Mommy


5 comments:

Natalie said...

So sweet
so loving
so you

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful Mommy! Your children are incredibly blessed to have you and I am certain that they will always feel and know that!!! Thank you for sharing!
SN

Avicia said...

Beautiful sentiments. Beautiful family. Beautiful and blessed. Wishing you continued joy in your togetherness. Love to Kiss and Cookie, and the Fox and Bear too.

Miss A said...

you are such an amazing mom to these two. they are so blessed to have you and joe as parents. sometimes i don't know how you do it! (the sleep deprivation, staying calm when they are out of control, and just knowing exactly what to do!) i hope to be a mom just like you one day :) so glad i get to be a part of their lives.

how old are you going to be when they turn 21? haha.

Baby Gaby said...

Soo sweet. Miss you guys and wish we could have been there for lots of hugs and kisses. These 2 years have certainly flown by. My how grown up they are becoming. I think I mentioned this to mom before, but I am in love with that picture Miss A took of the kids. Hand in Hand. By FAR the best picture taken of the two of them. Yay Miss A! Thank you for capturing that moment for us! Love, love, love it! Miss you and love you all.