As it turns out, we had a really big night. Right Cookie? Right!
She pointed and asked for her "otty." So I put it (and her) down. By the time I turned around, Kiss had her diaper half off... so off it came. She sat down, laughed, got up and ran into the other room. False alarm.Then, Kiss ran in and sat back down on the potty.
She fidgeted and squirreled around for a bit...(she also opened the book and might have glanced briefly at a page or two)....
Then....ta da!
She was so proud of herself (I was so proud of her and so happy for her, too)! As for MammaFox, don't feel bad that she missed all the excitement. This was really the second (and third) time that Kiss has used the potty. The first time was nearly three months ago (Oct 2nd) and happened the night that MammaFox had returned home from a four-day district meeting.
I still think that Kiss waited until she could show BOTH MamaFox and PapaBear how big she was getting....
5 comments:
So cute, and kinda gross....but more cute! :-) What a big girl...and the assist goes to Cookie! What a big girl Kiss is becoming! Hugs to everyone!
Just you what! There will be nothing gross about it!! The shear thought of getting even one out of diapers fills me with rapture! But not to jump the gun...it might be a while before this is a regular occurrence for Miss Kiss.
Excellent job on pappa's part for documenting the entire thing. What a crack up that she went and grabbed some reading material. Yay for potty time!
You have no idea how excited I was to read this!!! I wanted to cry! I'm sooo proud of her! :) & how she got a book..that is too funny!!
Since this post, she's asked to go to the potty pretty consistently (and gone #1). She's still in diapers, but we tried training pants today. I think it's still too early, but not by much. We'll see how it goes. She's doing great and really happy to be training....! Mostly, I'm sad for it, but proud for her....
Post a Comment