Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One, two, thirteen...FLOOR!!

So apparently it takes thirteen months to completely drain my batteries! On the eve of the babies thirteenth month birthday I literally hit the floor. Dead asleep on my feet. Cookie is getting all four top teeth and Kiss is also teething, work has been busy, and life hectic. While tending to the babe late at night I literally fell asleep standing up and fell flat out onto the floor (thankfully I was not holding a baby). Let me tell you that I do NOT recommend this as a fun late night activity (lots of bruises).
As you can see, Cookie has had no problems getting his ZZZZZ's!So besides hitting the floor, the twelfth month of life was a very exciting one in our household.

Kiss and Cookie celebrated their one year b-day last month and have been very busy ever since moving from babyhood to toddlerhood. Kiss was taking some steps on her birthday and is now full on toddling everywhere.
The three legged scoot is nearly a thing of the past and she is extremely busy discovering all the places that her two feet can bring her and allow her to reach! She has become more cuddly and now enjoys books much more than in months past. She still loves to point and say "THAT" to just about everything but has added "uh-oh" as a favorite runner up. "Uh-oh" is generally reserved for just before she throws something on the floor or takes something from Cookie! She really got into Easter and baskets. She can now often be found toddling about with a basket in her hand search for "eggs" or other treasures! I still find myself full of wonder at this amazing little girl and am excited to watch her as she leaves "baby" behind and full-on embraces being her own little person. I am sure there will be many interesting stories to share during this next year!Cookie is not yet walking but he is pulling up and cruising about. He is a very, very fast crawler and loves to kick his legs and "pat pat pat" everything. He is very interested in how things are put together and will often crawl over to look UNDER a new toy or object to figure it all out. He is babbling up a storm but no clear words yet. I am betting that a Da Da is right around the corner....but who knows. He has been getting all four of his top teeth in. He still drools like a St. Bernard and can often be found chewing on his hand but it really hasn't affected his mood much. At thirteen months he is still a happy jolly and fun loving little guy and will still "dancey dance" on cue- even in the pool!
I am trying very hard to hold onto to his babyhood for just a little longer...and he is a bit more inclined than his sister to let me! Cookie also really liked Easter, but he is glad that the Blue Bonnets are almost done blooming because he does NOT like getting plopped down in a field of them to get his picture taken.
Overall month Thirteen was awesome. It was super fun to see Kiss become an accomplished walker and to see both babies learn to drink from a cup and from straws (better at the straws than the cup). They have really begun to play together and with others. They love to play peek-a-boo in their barn playhouse, play in the sandbox and baby pool, dance at their giggle table and play "pat pat" through the windows. It is very fun to watch and even more fun to sit down and get in the mix.As always, we feel so blessed to have them in our lives and try to take a few minutes out of everyday to remember that this time is fleeting and lasts but a moment. Just in case you need a reminder of how quickly things change, take a flash back to this time last year:

3 comments:

Natalie said...

OMG! They are getting so big. I LOVE the videos. Squeaks and dancing! So much fun to watch. Give those cuties some big ole kisses from me!

Anonymous said...

Those babies are too cute for words. The sqeaky sneekers are adorable...So is Kiss....Q is adorable too. I miss the babies so much...Can't wait to see them...GramA

Anonymous said...

This is by far my most favorite post EVER! I love, love, love the videos! Although I, more than anyone,(besides Mama and Papa Bear)see these cute happenings, can NOT get enough. Please post more videos in the future!!! They can brighten anyone's day!

Much love,
->SN<-