Monday, September 29, 2008

The first Post

I have this tendency to not want to do something unless I can do it perfectly...and then I had children and I truly learned a lesson that I have always known. There is no perfection, rather a self imposed definition of what "should be" or "could be".
Motherhood has been a true lesson in letting go of the could be, should be, might be. Motherhood is teaching me that doing your best, doing what you can in that moment - that IS perfection.
In the spirit of doing the best that I can in this moment I am beginning the blog - maybe not the way I think would be "perfect" (after all they are already 6 months old and so very much has happened) but with the same things I hope to impart to my children: Love, Humor and Grace.

So here we go.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

YAY! You have officially broken the ice. Can't wait to read more.

Kerry E Laper said...

In a mothers eyes her children are "always pefect, above average, good looking and strong" - it is no surprise that one of her children has two perfect (even with ear tags (nipples :), above average, good looking and strong children! Funny how that works. Excellent writing and lovely photo's. Can't wait to see you. Love, Your Mom