So the time has come for my babies to venture out of their cribs and into their big kid beds. This has been a bit trying in a number of ways, least of all is the very real fact that I JUST (and I do mean just) finished decorating their SHARED room. I literally got up the last of the wall shelves last week...and now it's obsolete and I never even took a picture (not one) of it completed. By the time I thought about it the cribs were down and the mattress was on the floor and Kiss was in the guest room. yeah sure, I can still take a picture - and will (hence Part 2) but I just can't believe that it was only up and "finished" for one week. I've been working on it since Christmas.
So enough about the room, how are the kids doing? Well, Miss Kiss is thrilled to have her own room and to be sleeping on the QUEEN sized Temperpedic in the guest room. She goes to sleep all by herself and will close the door when she's ready (and only when SHE is ready!). Took to it like a duck to water but hated the toddler bed and wanted OUT of sharing a room with the hair puller (aka Cookie). Miss Kiss will blow you a kiss and send you on her way so she can fall asleep all alone of her huge bed. A princess for sure!!
Mr. Cookie, well he stayed in the crib a little longer but is now half way between the crib with the drop rail removed and a full sized bed (which is as hard as a rock). He doesn't seem to like either and still needs/wants someone to stay with him until he hits dreamland. Even then he usually ends up sleeping with Mommy & Daddy. Mr. Cookie has never been a great sleeper and has always preferred to sleep in 1) your arms or 2) snuggled up beside you, however he will kick, hair pull or otherwise torture his sister if she is sleeping anywhere in the vicinity. Mr. Cookie isn't sure about the gate on his bedroom door but thinks it's great fun to slam shut and then scream because he can't get it open (it's baby proof!). I think with a little time he will adjust just fine and probably really like having his own space.
Nap time seems to be going better and bedtime is great for Kiss and status quo for Cookie.
So I guess it's time to redecorate (or move!!). I think I can make the current nursery into Kiss' room (if she'll move back in) and get a white four poster bed with canopy and change out the alphabet wall cards for flower/fairy cards and then move Cookie to the guest room and reuse those alphabet wall cards...maybe with an orange accent?? I had wanted to do a constellation theme for his room......maybe I could decorate the large toy play area with those??? Hmmmm...these are the things that keep me up at night.....which is a sad commentary on my life for sure!!!!
Hello Home Depot paint department....it's nice to see you again!
6 comments:
Yay for big kid rooms! I want to help paint!
Well aren't they growing up fast. Isn't parenting challenging? Can't wait to see you all again GramA
Aren't they growing up fast? Isn't parenting challenging? Can't wait to see you all again. Love GramA
Those kiddos rule the roost. Miss Kiss thinking she is a teenager with her own room and giant bed. Tell Cookie we can share the bed when I come to town. I like a good cuddler.
Big kid beds already?!?! I am thinking bunk beds for my monkeys. Your post cracks me up because Lily and Ava do the same darn thing with the door & scream until you come running to open it back up, then it is hilarious....every time.
Miss everyone, this post makes me realize how quick our little ones are growing.
Hill Fam
gLet the decorating fun continue! We are so proud of our little kiddos! They are getting OH so big and we are missing it all! :-( Well not entirely, we do get caught up through the blog. Not the same though. Miss you guys! Hugs and Kisses
Post a Comment