Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Halloween from the Bee Family


Kiss and Cookie were originally slated to be Pirates - AARRRGGG!! but we had a slight costume snafu (the 12-18 size was so tight that Cookie fell over like a turtle and couldn't get up!!) by the time I got back to the store their size was gone and I had been struck by inspiration.
BUSY BEES!! What better to make my busy little people that bees! Then Martha had a great Bee Keeper costume in her Halloween edition and I love a good wig and tutu - the Bee Family was born.

The Bee Keeper, Queen Bee and two Busy Honey Bees!

The Keeper with a VERY busy busy bee
Winner!! The Bee Family took home FIRST Prize for the best group costume! Score!
Miss A and Miss B stopped by to Buzzz with the bees and bring a little more Bug to the party (Cooper the Pup came decked out as a very cute Lady Bug!) The Honey Bees were super excited to see Miss A and even said her name when she arrived. Cuter than cute!

Check out all the cool costumes at the park


After the park festivities we headed out for some Trick or Treating! Let there be no mistake. This is Miss Kiss' holiday!! She loved ever single minute of it! After her first taste of that sweet candy goodness she was hooked! She ran to each door, straight to the candy bowl and demanded " TWO". Take a look at Kiss and Cookie's first Halloween!



Apparently I have said " Just one" and "Ok that's One" enough times that her response now is "two". After Halloween "two" has come to mean candy and I want some now, preferably two - one for each hand! She knows just where the candy stash is located and will march over to the spot several times a day and demand "TWO!!".
Like Mother like Daughter!
It was a fun filled night...but eventually the bees needed to return to the hive for some R&R


Cookie in a candy coma!!

Kiss: A candy bar in one hand and two toothbrushes in the other!
These two little bees had a marvelous time and were all buzzed out. Kiss fell asleep on the floor while I was reading stories and Cookie was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow! It was a fun filled Holiday and I was so happy that Kiss and Cookie enjoyed as much as I did!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute you all are....They look like they had sooooo much fun...I love those costumes....GramA

Natalie said...

OMG! You guys definitely had the best costumes ever. Your glasses just put the whole thing over the top. I LOVE them. They were perfect. And those busy bees buzzing the neighborhood for candy are too much. Boo to being so far away :( I may have to come trick or treating with you all next year.

Love you & miss you!

Anonymous said...

best blog ever! haha i love cookie in his "candy coma" & the fact that kiss probably has a candy bar with her in every picture. "TWO!" you guys had the BEST costumes!

Miss A

Avicia said...

Sooo super cute. What fun! When Rhea was 1 1/2 she was the "Queen Bee" and I was a "Worker bee." Some things never change. : )